Friday 26 October 2012

Vertical gardening, the best choice for cities

Vertical gardening-the best choice for today.

Land is limited in cities. Same is the case with most populated areas. Kerala is not an exception. Like the buildings are growing upwards, gardening too has to grow vertically to reap the sunshine and utilize the limited land. Growing upward is a good choice when you don't have room to grow outward. You get more yield per square feet when doing vertical gardening. 



Vertical gardening on fence rail
Vertical gardening on fence
Tomatoes grow on fence rail- no need of support

The above pictures show how I made use of the space. Plant where you got soil, take the vine or branch to where you got the sunlight. Plant koval, pole beans, bitter gourd etc. on the ground and take the branch to your terrace. Make use of the fence, trellis, terrace etc.   to creep the plants. This is the ideal way in cities and most populated places. This is ideal for Kerala, where land is limited. I used my fence to grow tomatoes especially cherry tomatoes and pole beans. 




Vertical gardening.
Are you ready to start one? If I can, you too can. Learn & Enjoy. Do you want to know much? I will be more than happy to help you. 

Other Garden photos
Swiss chard- grows everywhere


"Though I am small I will do what I can" Apple tree- with 45 apples

The sunflower is the same size of a dinner plate
 




No comments:

Post a Comment